If you're wondering, "what can you do to get the most out of your brake pads?", you've come to the right place. The way you drive your car can significantly impact your brake pads' longevity. Therefore, if you actively practice good braking habits, you will ultimately see a reduction in the wear and tear on your pads.
Here are several things you can do to keep your brake pads in tip-top condition:
- Drive with the flow of traffic to prevent any unnecessary heavy braking.
- Give yourself a more expansive following distance from the vehicle in front of you so that you can slow down to a nice and easy stop.
- Remove excess weight from your vehicle.
- Maintain a low speed in heavy traffic and avoid any rash braking.
Last but not least, you can take care of your brakes by cleaning them off every time you wash your car. Over time, dust and debris can gather on your rotors, adding extra friction to your brake pads when you press on the pedal. Cleaning your rotors off keeps your braking smooth and extends the longevity of your brake pads.
Signs You Need a Brake Inspection
Maintaining your brakes is an important task for many car owners that are often overlooked. Every driver must change their pads and rotors to protect their and others' safety when they wear down. If you notice any of the following warning signs of brake wear, please come into Romay's Auto Service for a brake inspection:
- Squeaking, squealing, or grinding sounds
- Soft or spongy brake pedals
- Stiff or hard brakes
- Leaking brake fluid
- The brake warning light comes on the dash
- Overall ineffective or slower braking
Let Romay's Auto Service be your top choice to assist you with all your automotive needs in Corpus Christi, TX.